EDUCATION, TRAINING, BOARD CERTIFICATIONS
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Yale New-Haven Hospital
- Fellowship, Hematology and Oncology, University of Washington
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Oncology and Hematology
- University of Washington
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
RESEARCH AND/OR CLINICAL INTERESTS
Dr. Uy is a hematologist-oncologist who sees patients at Fred Hutch at EvergreenHealth. Fred Hutch at EvergreenHealth brings research programs to the community, so their patients have access to clinical trials and new treatments.
Dr. Uy is trained to treat a variety of hematology and oncology diseases, and her focus is on lung, head and neck cancer. She is particularly interested in targeted therapy and understanding driver mutations as a more personalized way to treat patients with cancer. She has done research on lung, head and neck cancer, as well as quality of life and supportive care, that has been presented at national oncology conferences and published in oncology journals.