EDUCATION, TRAINING, BOARD CERTIFICATIONS
- M.D., University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, Philippines
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Fellowship, Hematology and Oncology, University of Colorado
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Oncology and Hematology
- University of Washington
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
RESEARCH AND/OR CLINICAL INTERESTS
Dr. Candelario treats a wide variety of hematologic and oncologic disorders. He has had extensive clinical and research training in genitourinary oncology focused on prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancer, learning from world leaders in this cancer subspecialty. Genitourinary oncology includes a variety of cancer types with unique tumor characteristics, patient impacts, treatments and outcomes. He also treats other solid tumors, such as breast, lung and gastrointestinal, as well as skin cancers and blood disorders.
Dr. Candelario has been involved in various trials in genitourinary oncology during his training, and his research training also includes clinical trial design. He was privileged to be selected as one of the participants in the ASCO/AACR Methods of Clinical Cancer Research as a senior fellow.