Photo: Fred Hutch
EDUCATION, TRAINING, BOARD CERTIFICATIONS
- M.D., University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Residency, Columbia University Irving Medical Center - New York Presbyterian Hospital, Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Columbia University Irving Medical Center – New York Presbyterian Hospital, Medical Oncology
- Chief Fellow, Columbia University Irving Medical Center – New York Presbyterian Hospital, Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- MS (Biostats), Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University
- Genitourinary cancers
- Prostate cancer
- Public health and cancer
RESEARCH AND/OR CLINICAL INTERESTS
Dr. Jessica Hawley is a medical oncologist focused on improving the care of patients with genitourinary malignancies. Dr. Hawley is involved in patient care as well as clinical and translational research. Her research focuses on advancing novel therapies in genitourinary malignancies and identifying immunologic biomarkers suggestive of clinical response. She has received several honors and awards throughout her training including elections to both Alpha Omega Alpha and the Gold Humanism Honor Societies. She was awarded prestigious peer-reviewed funding for early-stage investigators through the NIH T32 Molecular Oncology Training Award (2018), Conquer Cancer Foundation (ASCO) Young Investigator Award (2019), and Prostate Cancer Foundation’s Young Investigator Award (2020).
Dr. Hawley draws on her diverse background from her time as U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer (Republic of Kiribati) and as Senior Clinical Advisor in rural Nepal and understands that each patient and family has unique goals, challenges, and hopes in managing their life with cancer.