Education, training, board certifications
- M.D., State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Residency in Internal Medicine, New England Deaconess Hospital
- Fellowship in Hematology, University of Washington
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Hematology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and/or research interests
Dr. Terry Gernsheimer's clinical interests are in the areas of platelet transfusion and platelet immunology; autoimmune platelet disorders; bleeding in cardiovascular surgery; hemostasis and transfusion in the hematopoietic stem cell transplant patient.
Her research interests include platelet transfusion and bleeding in the hematopoietic stem cell transplant patient; best practice for transfusion management of the patient refractory to platelet transfusion; investigation of new treatment approaches for the management of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura; and antifibrinolytic therapy.